02 April 2008

The Art of Holding

You know those moments where someone you love is upset. Their words cannot be formed through the tears streaming from their face while their mind races a mile a minute. You hold them, trying to find the precise words to solve everything. But, all you can do is hold them and sit in silence of their uncertainty. Just knowing that someone is there to hold you and love you in the disturbing silence makes things seems less daunting.


I’m that person for my girls at ABWU. As soon as the tear hits their cheek, my arms are wrapped around them. The language barrier forces the silence between us but our relationship and sisterhood is so strong that it does not separate us.


But, I am going to be separated from them. As I am forced to leave this intense place, a place that has given me everything life offers: excitement, fear, courage, humility, heartbreak, power, and unlimited, unquestionable, unmovable love – who will hold me?

No comments: